Wow! You actually came to this page. Our lawyers made us include it and made us use a precious button on our home page to get you here. It’s really important stuff. So be a smart nethead and read the stuff on this page. It could prevent you from hearing from our lawyers, or worse yet, from people, like prosecutors.
Here’s the deal:
We run this site so that people like you (and people you like) can use it for personal entertainment, information, education, and communication. So go ahead and browse around all you like. You can even download stuff from the site but only for noncommercial,personal use. If you do, though, don’t fool around with the copyright and othernotices all over the stuff. They’re there for a really good reason. And don’t even think aboutdistributing, modifying, transmitting, reusing, re-posting, or anything else uncool with any of thestuff, including the text, images, audio, and video, for public or commercial purposes unless wegive you written permission. And it’s not likely we will.
If you visit our site, you’re also legally obligated to the terms and conditions listed below and any other law or regulation that applies to the site, the Internet, the World WideWeb, or New Jersey. You shouldn’t access or browse the site if you have any problem with that, because once you start, there’s no turning back — you are bound by [read: stuck with] the terms and conditions.
So here’s the scoop on if you come to our site:
1. For everyone’s sake, just assume that everything on the site is copyrighted unless we say it’s not. So you can’t use the stuff except how we say you can on this page or anywhere else on the site without our written permission. And like we said before, it’s not likely we’ll give you permissionanyway. In fact, even if we wanted to, the lawyers are likely to veto any deal anyway. So it’s better you don’t even ask.
2. While we try to include accurate stuff on the site, we’re not promising you it’s accurate. In fact,we’re not promising you anything except fun and entertainment. So if you use stuff on the site, you’re using it at your own risk. Don’t call us if there’s a problem because we assume no liability or responsibility for errors or omissions on the site.
3. We and anybody else who helped us create, produce, or deliver the site are not liable for anydamages you suffer when you use it. In particular, the lawyers want you to know that our disclaimer includes "direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, the site. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the site is provided to you ‘AS IS’ WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED,INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON INFRINGEMENT.
4. Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions orlimitations regarding the exclusion of implied warranties. " Bottom line — we’re not responsible if you’re browsing around and the site damages you or your computer or infects it with any nasty viruses. We sure hope that doesn’t happen, but if it does, don’t call us.
5. Pictures of people or places shown on the site are either our property or someone else’sproperty we’re using with their permission. No matter what, it’s definitely not your property. You or any of your net-friends can’t use it unless we said you could on this page or somewhere else on the site. And guess what — we won’t say yes.
6. There’s also a lot of trademarks, logos, and service marks on the site that either we own or we’re using with someone else’s permission. So don’t think you have any kind of license or rightto use them, because you don’t and we’re not about to give you one. If you don’t leave them alone and mess with our trademarks, logos and service marks on our site, we’ll probably go ballistic, so will the companies that own the other trademarks, logos and service marks. That means that we’re likely to sue you or to ask a prosecutor to come after you for messing around with our property or the property of others.
7. You’ll probably notice we’ve linked our site to lots of others. While that’s cool, it doesn’t mean we’ve looked at all those sites, much less checked them out periodically to see what’s going on. So don’t blame us if some site you link to is bad or has stuff on it that offends you or your pets. Go ahead and link, but remember, you’re doing it at your risk.
8. We’re also allowed to change this page and anything else on the site any time we want to.That’s because it’s ours and we have the programmers who can do it. If we do change the page,then you’re bound by those changes, too, whenever you visit our site.
9. If either of us wants to make something of it and wants to “sue” then we have to follow these rules of engagement (sort of according to the Geneva Convention): This Agreement is governed by the laws of the State of New Jersey, without regard to principles of conflict of laws.
To the extent you have in any manner violated or threatened to violate SoulfulVisionMarketing.com and/or its affiliates’ intellectual property rights, SoulfulVisionMarketing.com and/or its affiliates may seek injunctive or other appropriate relief in any state or federal court in the State of New Jersey, and you consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in such courts.
Any other disputes will be resolved as follows:
If a dispute arises under this agreement, we agree to first try to resolve it with the help of a mutually agreed-upon mediator in the following location: New Jersey. Any costs and fees other than attorney fees associated with the mediation will be shared equally by each of us.
If it proves impossible to arrive at a mutually satisfactory solution through mediation, we agree to submit the dispute to binding arbitration at the following location: New Jersey, under the rules of theAmerican Arbitration Association. Judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitration may beentered in any court with jurisdiction to do so.
SoulfulVisionMarketing.com & McCaffery Communications, LLC. © All Rights Reserved.